Best Vegan Product
As sports nutrition is no longer a niche product, the sector’s target audience has grown significantly over recent years. In line with this trend, the group of consumers seeking products that are specifically targeted to their dietary needs has also grown.
The need for vegan products could derive from allergies or intolerances to certain ingredients but could also simply be a result of dietary trends or nutritional preferences. With an increasing demand in healthier products, the sports nutrition industry is challenged to provide more products that are dairy and meat free – all while maintaining a “clean” label.
Entries to this category are encouraged to demonstrate how their product(s) respond to most recent dietary trends and preferences of vegan consumers, while using clean and simple ingredients that are recognised by these consumers.
Judges will look at the success of your ‘free from’ product and will base their scores on your evidence to demonstrate:
- A legitimate consumer demand or need for the product
- Solid evidence to demonstrate health and allergy awareness with the product – this may include data to quantify any performance or health claims made
- A good range of examples of applications of the product
- Commercial success and engagement from your core target market/s. This may include numbers and examples of sales and applications that are available in the market.
- How your sports nutrition product is unique and stands out from the crowd in its sustainability