Best Targeted Sports Nutrition Product – 50+
Older adults face very different physical challenges to younger people. They are more likely to suffer from certain nutritional deficiencies, as well as various health conditions and diseases, such as osteoporosis. Furthermore, they may also experience issues with their palatability, diminished appetite, chewing and swallowing and difficult-to-handle packaging.
However, with life expectancy having increased significantly, the over-65s are becoming more and more physically active and attentive to their health.
Entries for this category must demonstrate how their product responds to the specific physical and dietary needs of older people, while taking into account this consumers group’s health and exercising objectives. Entries are encouraged to provide supporting materials to back their claims.
Judges will look at your efforts to target your product to the elderly and will base their scores on your evidence to demonstrate:
- A legitimate consumer demand or need for the elderly
- Solid evidence to demonstrate a successful solution to this need or problem – this may include data to quantify any performance or health claims made
- A good range of examples of applications of the product
- Commercial success and engagement from the elderly market. This may include numbers and examples of sales and applications that are available in the market.
- How your sports nutrition product is unique and stands out from the crowd